Spring has sprung, the birds are chirping and flowers are blooming the bees are buzzing Isn’t it beautiful?
Not for some! It’s that time of year when many people suffer miserably sneezing their way through the day………..
If you or a loved one are already itchy and sneezing your way through spring, read on for safe and effective natural hayfever remedies to stop your hay fever in its tracks.
Anti-inflammatory foods are aimed at reducing inflammation in your respiratory mucous membranes. Include these ones in your daily diet:
- Omega 3 rich fish-wild caught salmon, mackerel, sardines.
- Omega 3’s are also found in chia seeds, flax seeds, green leafy vegetables and grass fed meats.
- Pineapple contains an anti-inflammatory enzyme called Bromelain.
- Turmeric spice contains the powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrient curcumin. Grate the fresh spice into cooking, add into smoothies, and teas or try ready mixed turmeric latte blends such as Golden Grind
- Nettle and licorice tea are anti-inflammatory and soothing,
- Horseradish is a decongestant.
- Ginger added to juices, smoothies, curry, stir-fry and steeped into a tea
- Apple Cider Vinegar is also a powerful anti inflammatory
- Martin & Pleasance KI Hayfever Control Tablets
Nature has provided some incredible healers. Some foods, nutrients and herbs have the ability to improve hay fever symptoms by acting to:
- reduce histamine and inflammation levels
- supply antioxidants
- boost the immune system
Before you reach for the drugs, prevent the nasty side effects and beat your hay fever head on, with what nature intended.
If you have some natural remedies that work for you and your family please let us know 🙂